This course is aimed at providing a flexible and practical approach for candidates preparing for the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health.
Key concepts covered include:
The qualification looks at general workplace issues and can be applied in many sectors. On completion of the qualification, your learners will be able to:
- justify the need for health and safety improvements;
- advise on the main duties for health and safety in the workplace;
- help their organisation to manage contractors;
- work within a health and safety management system;
- positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour;
- carry out a general risk assessment (using a 5-step approach) of their workplace;
- recognise workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimise these impacts;
- develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system;
- take part in incident investigations; and
- help their employer check the effectiveness of the health and safety management systems through monitoring auditing and review.